Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWord OK. I get what you're saying but ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343252&mesg_id=13345415
13345415, Word OK. I get what you're saying but ...
Posted by Brew, Thu Aug-29-19 11:31 AM
I just look at all of that as "growing up" and evolving as a person. But that's just my view of it, like I said I understand your position.

The reason I don't see it as phony is because his general temperament has remained the same throughout all of those comedic iterations. So I don't necessarily see it as "phony" coming from him, or like .. that he's a sellout or anything like that. I just see it as someone who *was* a hipster who then suddenly became super famous almost overnight and therefore had different stories to tell so he *was* a starfucker. And simultaneously he started getting laid more frequently so he had more perspective to use for his relationship stuff, so he *was* the suave relationship guy. And so on and so forth. It comes off as honest to me, and furthermore I prefer he evolve his comedic chops rather than rehash the same jokes and/or the same TYPES of jokes for years.

>RE: Essentially I have no idea who the real Aziz is & it appears...
>he’s still trying to find himself.
>
>I’m a fan... but so far in his career he’s been:
>
>Hipster comedian
>Starfucker comedian
>Suave Relationship Comedian
>Nebbish Woody Allen/Louis CK comic actor
>And now he’s intimate sit on the stool let me talk to you
>about some real shit comedian
>
>To me... he’s doing whatever he thinks will sell at any