Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm done with "Comedian OUTRAGE CULTURE"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13343252&mesg_id=13345252
13345252, I'm done with "Comedian OUTRAGE CULTURE"
Posted by handle, Wed Aug-28-19 01:28 PM
The change with Dave has been that he's attacking things he feels are attacking him - and since I'm not him I don't care a lot.

And he's OUTRAGED over OUTRAGE culture.

He's a victim AND a victim blamer.

He did seem a little more connected during this one that the last one I watched. And a littler healthier and more connected.

His voice is going bad- he'll sound like Lucille Ball soon. (Lucille Ball yelling at Mr. Mooney.)

Lenny Bruce sucked when all he talked about was being attacked (and he was unfairly and viciously attacked - way worse than Dave or Seinfeld.)

Carlin flirted with this in the 88-91 period - but by 1992 he was back in his right mind (well, until his wife died - and then he's depressed and insane.)

And yes, I know SOME of these jokes Dave told that were dumb as fuck are the jokes you tell your friends when being "naughty" or "silly" but it's doesn't hit with me when he's telling it in front of a sycophantic audience. (They felt sycophantic to me - or maybe more like SUPERfans.)

If Dave keeps this up he'll get fanbase only the black Joe Rogan can dream of.

But no matter what we think: He got paid.