Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFam, your mother is a Saint
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13342903&mesg_id=13342910
13342910, Fam, your mother is a Saint
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Aug-13-19 08:16 AM
This is amazing:

"My father, had an affair in the 80's, I am a product of that affair. She forgave my father and due to the situation my biological mother was in, she accepted me in her home. From infancy to yesterday August 12th, I felt her love. When her father died of cancer, she shared with me one of his wishes. Take care of that boy, he has no fault in this situation. As a little boy I would spend the day at the book store. I would steal coins to go to the arcade, I convinced her to let me get a rat tail and when I got made fun by kids, she spanked me when I cut it off for wasting her money and for letting them get to me.

We moved to Camden NJ, in Aug of 92. She left my father and fully adopted me. She and my older sister worked hard, they paid for me to go to a private catholic school. She worked in factories, working from 6am to 11pm, working sometimes 3 jobs, cleaning offices, babysitting, doing door to door surveys, making clothes, anything and everything to move forward."

I'm so happy you had her in your life and she was the woman she was. My condolences that she's gone but knowing a little more about her gives me joy in knowing who she was for you.