Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyeah wasnt sure how to refer to blind biden supporters
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13342507&mesg_id=13343628
13343628, yeah wasnt sure how to refer to blind biden supporters
Posted by mista k5, Fri Aug-16-19 05:23 PM
there is definitely a bloc in the formal democratic party and democratic voters that are hanging on to biden right now. i have to imagine and hope he will drop out soon. people that support him now, where would they gravitate to? it wont be a monolith but i would imagine over 60% would move together.

i do agree that warren is already eating some of bidens support. i would think thats more so the people that were team biden only because they saw him as the most electable but were really on the progressive side to begin with. now that they see warren is gaining traction they feel safer going with her.

pete seems like a safe choice for biden voters to move to but at the same time he is pretty progressive on issues, a step below warren in some ways. he just has a way to say it that appeals to more moderate voters.

i dont know what beto's signature issue is anymore. it seemed he was going to go full blown pro immigrants but castro threw him off that. if what you care most about is immigration rights and reversing trumps policies on that then castro would be the one to go with.

i like betos passion and his response after the shooting but i dont want to see him pivot to that being his main issue. his best hope is to bring that same passion on everything he cares about but how he gets a spotlight doing so i dont know. i think his potential voters have already picked someone else. im really not sure i want him to do the senate run anymore. maybe he gets a chance at vp or a cabinet position but i think he needs back off running a campaign for this election cycle at least.