Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMore strawman ?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13342507&mesg_id=13343562
13343562, More strawman ?
Posted by Lurkmode, Fri Aug-16-19 01:40 PM
>The same Nancy who also met with Assad?
>
>C'mon man - not like this.
>

This is what you call "substance" ?

>>>I suppose you also joined the chorus of people criticizing
>>>Obama for saying he'd meet with Iran and other foreign
>>>"adversaries" in 2008?
>>>
>>>
>>
>>No I didn't join the chorus, but if Obama said or suggested
>he
>>would meet with foreign adversaries the way Tulsi did I
>would.
>
>So you don't really have anything to be critical about save
>for "the way" that Tulsi met with Assad? I thought we were
>going to get into substance here.
>

Your defense(if you can call it that) is worst than I thought it would I be, spinning and avoiding, really ?

What did Tulsi meeting with Assad accomplish or gain ?

Do you agree with Rodman or Kushner meeting with foreign leaders ?

Do you have a problem with Tulsi giving red meat to Republicans ?

“It is sad and a shame and a disgrace,” Kinzinger told reporters at a Republican policy retreat in Philadelphia. “In no way should any member of Congress, should any government official, ever travel to meet with a guy that has killed 500,000 people and 50,000 children.”

Kinzinger called on leadership in both parties to condemn Gabbard’s trip and questioned how it was financed. But Kinzinger – like Gabbard, an Iraq war veteran – said he would need to know more to file an ethics complaint against his colleague.

“She has the audacity to say that everywhere she went people supported Assad,” Kinzinger said. “Of course, when you have an Assad-led tour, he’s only going to take you to places where people like him”.

Evan McMullin, a former independent candidate for president in the 2016 presidential election, asked on Twitter: “Why are so many of our leaders becoming stooges of foreign dictators and war criminals? @TulsiGabbard @realDonaldTrump This is America!”

Senator John McCain, who went to Syria in 2013 to meet opposition groups and was criticized by the Assad regime for doing so, reportedly said Gabbard’s visit “send the wrong signal”.

“It kind of legitimizes a guy who butchered 400,000 of his own people,” the senator from Arizona said.

The link and quotes from the article are full of substances, do you have anything to counter, pushback, refute what is stated in the Guardian article that I linked ?