Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecthis stats are a pretty damning indictment of bernie as a candidate.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13342507&mesg_id=13343084
13343084, his stats are a pretty damning indictment of bernie as a candidate.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Aug-14-19 11:08 AM
simply running on 'rich people hate me so i must be doing something right!' isnt an effective campaign strategy lol.

elizabeth warren...running essentially on the same platform...is pulling 5x as much support from a group that bernie is completely failing with. so its not the policies...its the candidate.

im not sure if bernie supporters realize...but people who make over $100k vote...and they vote a lot. they make up 1 out of every 3 voters.

if you wanna demonize and cast aside 33% of the electorate and expect to win a primary...much less the general...good luck with that.

like i said before...bernie is running a pretty shitty campaign. zero focus on expanding his base and some strange fascination with alienating folks he needs to win.

politics (especially democratic party politics) is about coalition building. bernie and his campaign actually being emboldened by appealing to less people is weird to watch lol.