Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYou have my empathy...my mom passed on the 23rd of July
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13341932&mesg_id=13341941
13341941, You have my empathy...my mom passed on the 23rd of July
Posted by auragin_boi, Mon Aug-05-19 11:04 AM
Funeral was this past Friday.

I'm not gonna lie to you...it's hard. I had to sit with it for a week and a half and thankfully, I wasn't at work the entire time.

All I can say is, relish in the moments you still have left. I spoke with my mother the day before she passed, was making plans to have her over to the house this coming weekend so she could see all her grandkids. Was just checking up on her on my way to work. The next day, she was gone. Last words we said to each other were "I love you" so I take some solace in that (made that a habit in the last 5 yrs because she had growing health issues and I never knew when would be the last time we spoke).

There's a deep pit of sadness in me. And I went through all the emotions you went through right after she passed (anger, worry, loss of appetite, arguments, etc). I've lost 7 lbs since she passed. Today is my first day back in the office and I've been pretty useless. I've done a couple of things and I'll ramp up as the day goes on but, yeah, losing moms is just...hard.

All I can offer is; work through it, try to find good distractions, focus on the best times and understand that it's ok to grieve. Eventually, the pain will dissipate and you'll be able to move forward. The sadness will hover for a while though...and that's normal.