Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: What are you watching?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13340236&mesg_id=13346886
13346886, RE: What are you watching?
Posted by Sponge, Mon Sep-09-19 09:52 PM
The Terror: Infamy (AMC)
Thumbs up so far. I'm biased tho; I root for Asian-American films/tv to be successful. Objectively, cinematography is first-rate and the revelation of details is done in a manner to my liking (e.g., 1st episode- the 2 people walking on the pier after dinner; you'll miss something if you not aware of the entire frame). Waiting to see if the filmmakers didn't waste the opportunity to do interesting things with the historical context/setting. The lead actor is pretty shitty smh.

The Naked Director Season 1 (Netflix)
Just finished it a few nights ago. Entertaining binge watch. Kinda wish they didn't play as much material for silly laughs. Misato Morita as Kaoru Kuroki is so fuckin magnetic. Gotta check her other stuff out. A bunch of stuff dealing with periphery characters are not as resonant as it could've been. It's a damn shame because doing so would've elevated the material even with the comedic tones kept as is. The lead actor is pretty shitty here, too smh.