Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAmazon Prime Re-Watch Viewing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13340236&mesg_id=13341056
13341056, Amazon Prime Re-Watch Viewing
Posted by jane eyre, Fri Jun-28-19 11:30 PM
This is stuff I'm re-watching that I've already watched on Amazon:

1. Fleabag season 2
Starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Fleabag--a lonely, 30-something woman who tries to piece back together her life and herself when she's shattered by grief. The story telling is creative and deep and funny. Fleabag season 2 is perfect and somehow even better than season 1 (which was in a league all on its own, already). I think Fleabag is one of the best TV shows of all time! The first time I watched season 2, this feeling came over me that I was watching something special. Fleabag made me fall in love with the creative project that it cooks up.

2. Mozart in the Jungle
I'm sad Amazon Prime cancelled this show. Some episodes of Mozart in the Jungle feel magical. It's all about the loves and passions found in an orchestra (and the orchestra's machine)--and how sometimes it's hard to love people as you try to understand those passions and bring them to life. The show is charming, feel-good, all heart, and without cynicism or snark.

Gael Garcia Bernal, Bernadette Peters, and Malcolm McDowell make this worth the watch, but Bernal is the star!

3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Marvelous Maisel takes place in 1950s New York City. Mrs. Maisel is an upper middle class Jewish woman who pursues a stand-up career. I adore this show, especially the pacing of the dialogue, set design, and costuming. It appeals to my love for particularity and details. I didn't think I'd like Mrs. Maisel, and avoided watching it for a long time. I'm glad I was wrong.