Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't like Bernie because he is old and unaccomplished and I question.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337851&mesg_id=13337962
13337962, I don't like Bernie because he is old and unaccomplished and I question.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jun-12-19 01:20 PM
how effective he would be as President.

I think he benefitted a great deal from challenging the bequeathed Hillary Clinton. Now that he has a bigger group to be compared against he just doesn't seem that impressive.

Elizabeth Warren is a younger, shinier, more accomplished and even arguably more progressive version of Bernie. I can't see how anyone would go for Bernie over her (but can see it the other way around).

He may be on the right side of history on a lot of issues but nothing in his legislative history tells us he can get things done.

I question his electability as an old Jewish New Englander with regards to the rest of the country.

I see him and see George McGovern all over again.

If he is the nom I will of course vote for him but like Dukakis, Hillary, Mondale Kerry, I feel like if we nominate him and he loses we will be slapping our foreheads and go, what were we thinking?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"