Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI dislike fake relationships at work, e.g. Lunch, Happy Hour, Wacky Shirt....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337806&mesg_id=13337863
13337863, I dislike fake relationships at work, e.g. Lunch, Happy Hour, Wacky Shirt....
Posted by Case_One, Wed Jun-12-19 10:40 AM
The team wants to have this ideology that we are together and supportive in every aspect of the business. And the team wants to do these lunch days together to promote transparency and team building. The team even likes to hang out after work for Happy Hour and get legit buzzed/drunk.

BUT, these jokers keep every conversation on the superficial work BS and NatGeo, Top Chef, Home Improvement nonsense. Like there is no real substantive conversation. It's all FAKE as Artificial turf - it just looks real until you get close and start talking. Jokes love these fake company community initiatives but no real conversation an out the issues that help to create the clothing drive or food drive. No talk about real issues that matter in the news or plain old life. Just Fake He-he-he and yada-yada-yada,, but we're all supposed to be transparent and cool. FAKE!

Even when my father and twins died, the support was fake. Sure my manager allowed me to take time off and work form the hospital or home. But these jokers didn't even get me a card, but have the nerve to ask me to join in on Hawaiian Shirt day and get salty when I don't do that Corney mess! FLICK a Wacky Shirt day, ol'fake azz mess.

Am I being sensitive? Yeah, I understand the politics, I understand this is work and not my inner circle. I understand that we ain't real friends, but stop trying to act like we're all down and expect me to fake it with you and get salty when I don't join in the pretend fake-boy nonsense.

RANT OVER!

β€œIt was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” β€” Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ