Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJozen Cummings A lying scumbag to his fiance?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337500
13337500, Jozen Cummings A lying scumbag to his fiance?
Posted by Mori, Mon Jun-10-19 10:22 AM
I have been following this guy and he seemed like he was talking real light skinned with his woe is me dating scenarios for all these years.

Seemed like he finally found a good one, and then this?

https://jandgforever.com/whathappened

I seriously don't understand men. Especially the intellectual, public persona, types who feel the need to emotionally manipulate women for the personal gain.

Plus do women have some sort of secret power where we can get access to all personal digital information? How the hell did she see these text messages!

Blegh. So gross and I hope her prince charming is waiting in the wings.
13337502, DAAAAAAAAAAMN.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Mon Jun-10-19 10:28 AM
13337503, Humiliating for her/
Posted by Mori, Mon Jun-10-19 10:35 AM
Imagine bragging to friends and family, face all over ABCnews as his trophy wife.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/963423543949234178

Only to later find out he is getting is dick wet and shooting up the club in random vaginas.

Pray for her. I would have lost my damn mind!
13337504, Never heard of him but his name has me weak
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jun-10-19 10:41 AM
and this photo

https://www.earwolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/20150528_082943_5171_733399-300x254.png

also has me cracking up.

Why is this a shock? He fool y’all with some yassss’s?
13337508, It's a "shock" because his schtick is that he's a Good Guy/sensitive.
Posted by Teknontheou, Mon Jun-10-19 10:47 AM
That fact alone should made it unshocking.

I haven't read him much in the last 3 or 4 years, but what I remember was that he had all the "right" opinions on everything involving Warz type topics.
13337512, So true, Sensitive in Public, Slimy in Secret
Posted by Mori, Mon Jun-10-19 10:55 AM
Anytime a man is too quick to agree with women, I now question his motives. Women who want real love and trust have to learn to really weed through the bullshit.

But really, this stuff gets serious as we get older, kids, families, and our health become intertwined.

Men who aren't sure just need to say so. Stop dragging women into your confusion.
13337519, Haha.. yup. Those super empathy sympathy dudes
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jun-10-19 11:19 AM
be some wolves.

He’a Different... he understands women.

Sure he does.
13337525, Nice guys are some of the worst ones
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jun-10-19 11:48 AM
13337510, He looks like the Jason Mraz album cover come to life.
Posted by MEAT, Mon Jun-10-19 10:51 AM
13337506, I always assumed he had a stable.
Posted by Teknontheou, Mon Jun-10-19 10:44 AM
When I was heavy into Tinder, a large amount of the B/black women's profiles I would see would have him as a mutual friend/follow. And this was after the girl I was dating in 2012 swore up and down he was the funniest dude in the world (which he's not - he's a good writer, but she was acting like he was super hilarious). All this made me realize that alot of women were into him. I assumed he was getting play from his blog (which is what I assume of most dudes whose blogs are geared towards dating/relationships with women as the primary readers.)
13337509, He touts himself as a relationship expert
Posted by Mori, Mon Jun-10-19 10:48 AM
Using his own life as fodder for various news publications.

I agree that black women are to blame for many of these men's careers. Tony Gaskins, Rob Hill, Derrick Jaxn and any other smooth talker telling black women how terrible we are, what black men really need and how to be a "real one".

Our self esteem is so battered and bruised in the relationship arena. I hope his Filipina chick is the Joan of Arc in burning down this bullshit relationship advice industry.
13337517, kill 1 and 10 more pop up.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jun-10-19 11:12 AM
> I hope his Filipina chick is the Joan of Arc in burning
>down this bullshit relationship advice industry.
13337515, i'm offended by "talking real lightskinned"... c'mon fam, do better
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Jun-10-19 11:08 AM
13337518, You think colorism didn't boost his confidence?
Posted by Mori, Mon Jun-10-19 11:14 AM
I do. I absolutely think light skinned black men are perceived differently in the dating/marriage pool by both black and white people alike.

Have you seen a dark skinned black man become a relationship expert and not be questioned or met with suspicion?

I would even argue that this Filipina gave this man a pass because he can pass. If she brought home a dark skinned African-American traditional looking man to her Filipino family, somebody's daddy would have vetted him more.

So yes colorism definitely impacts dating and how much people are able to get away with.
13337527, Players come in all shapes, sizes & colors.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Jun-10-19 11:51 AM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13337576, Yeah.
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Mon Jun-10-19 02:59 PM
The colorism angle is a bridge too far. These so-called relationship expert dudes -- yes, even the ones that are undercover scumbags -- come in every flavor. Scumbaggery is colorblind for sure.
13337812, Ionno. She might be onto something
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-12-19 08:08 AM
Why did so many Black women co-sign a dude who might not even be Black? Then turn right back around on some “why did I ever trust him?”

Shit is wild to me. I know it’s 2019 but whole blog world is a trip. Dog dudes out or show empathy and immediately rise to the top (hyperbole).

It kinda reminds me of the Candice Owens playbook.
13337520, I'll never understand why rich Dudes, who like fucking get into
Posted by Adwhizz, Mon Jun-10-19 11:20 AM
Monogamous relationships/Married

(I don't know if THIS fool is actually rich, but he seems somewhat famous despite me never hearing of him before this)

If he's just doing it for his brand as a relationship guru it probably isn't THAT hard to find some lady to go along with a sham marriage
13337523, Exactly! You want a beard, you can find one
Posted by Mori, Mon Jun-10-19 11:33 AM
I am sure there are plenty of fish in the pick me seas that would have turned a blind eye to his text message asking another woman to take a plan B.

I am certain that there are women who want the social media relationship more than the real life one. He needs to scope out those women and leave everybody else alone.
13337949, RE: I'll never understand why rich Dudes, who like fucking get into
Posted by BlakStaar, Wed Jun-12-19 01:01 PM
I’ve been following him since before he launched his popular “Before I Get Married Blog.” He’s talked about his money issues a lot.

He’s been laid off before (He works in the fickle news/media industry) and I think he has been evicted.

I remember when he worked at HuffPo before being let go after three months…

I doubt he’s rich. In fact, his ex was likely supporting him. My guess is that he used her partially for financial reasons. ;-(

EDITED TO ADD: "I'm Not Broke Anymore, And I'm Terrified" via Deadspin
https://adequateman.deadspin.com/im-not-broke-anymore-and-im-terrified-1755914135
13337581, idk dude or his situation
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Jun-10-19 03:12 PM
but he always had a vibe about the way he responded to women that suggested he did dirt in the DMs

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13337594, He was a sports reporter when we both worked for Howard's newspaper.
Posted by Monkey Genius, Mon Jun-10-19 03:48 PM
Didn't get to know him personally, but I never got a 'sensitive nice guy' vibe around him.

Vaguely became aware recently that he was now kinda 'known'. Thought maybe he worked for Bleacher Report or something. Had no idea Relationship Guru was how he rebranded.

My question is this, though: "Trust me when I say the last two things on this earth he should have authority to speak on are relationships - at least successful ones - or anything on behalf of black men."

Is old girl implying that he isn't black?

EDIT: Upon Googling, I guess he does work for Bleacher Report.
13337685, Probably implying he has some self hate.
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jun-11-19 11:06 AM
13337795, that's my reading.
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Jun-11-19 11:02 PM
I don't know him and never interacted with him, but whenever I saw his tweets cross the timeline it was curious to me that he didn't seem to interact with other black men much if at all.

13337802, His grandmother is asian
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jun-12-19 05:37 AM
Some of the comments in the link said his parents are both mixed so he might have a parent that’s Blasian

Wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t tho.

What’s wild is how many women in that link followed him while acting like they didn’t really follow him.
13337807, yeah after I replied I saw some more posts
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Jun-12-19 07:10 AM
that were more skeptical

I mean, shaun king was one thing, this dude idk anything about and it's not clear who his people are

13337689, The internets are saying she's accusing him of a Dolezal situation.
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Jun-11-19 11:28 AM
Or maybe Shaun King (whom I believe to be B/black, but many others don't.)

I doubt he's making up being black, though.
13337952, RE: He was a sports reporter when we both worked for Howard's newspaper.
Posted by BlakStaar, Wed Jun-12-19 01:06 PM
I vaguely recall him writing that his mother is Japanese, while his father is a multiracial light-skinned man that is Black and Puerto-Rican.

Don't quote me, tho.
13337657, I'm so intrigued by this
Posted by naame, Tue Jun-11-19 08:09 AM
Dude deleted every last bit of his social media

America has imported more warlord theocracy from Afghanistan than it has exported democracy.
13337954, I'm surprised.
Posted by BlakStaar, Wed Jun-12-19 01:10 PM
I’m surprised this post was allowed for some reason. Jozen is definitely OKP adjacent, if not an actual OKP.

I see Jamilah Lemieux spoke on this on Twitter but limited her comments because she and Jozen are/were cool. Small world but not surprising.

I’m just now truly learning the traits of men who engage in sociopathic and narcissistic behavior with their romantic partners. So, I’m not surprised like I would have been five years ago, before I spent hours reading about this very topic.

My heart goes out to her. Five years down the drain. She’s never going to get that time back. Plus, they had a very public engagement. Shit made national news: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Family/couples-concert-engagement-viral-loud-marry/story?id=60395687

I feel for her.