Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAs far as your stuff, 30 lbs in 8 months is pretty good if you keep it off
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337404&mesg_id=13337443
13337443, As far as your stuff, 30 lbs in 8 months is pretty good if you keep it off
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-09-19 08:57 PM
You think the hike will not be doable now? I don't quite follow.

I'm discouraged by how easy it is to put it back and how tough to keep it off. One of my co-workers lost over 50 pounds--he is a huge guy like 6'7" and was over 300 pounds--and I was very happy for him. We worked together for the first time in a while a couple months ago and he put most of it back. That was a bummer. Another guy who used to be my editor took drastic measures and got some sort of gnarly weight loss surgery (I don't remember which one). He was a huge fat guy like 6 foot-ish and 400 pounds. He got all the way down to like 185. I was thrilled for him even though it was probably risky. He is a very smart guy, in addition to his day job he plays in an orchestra, very talented musician. But now he has put almost all the weight back, he's back over 3 bills. I tried to talk to him about it and he was definitely depressed. He seems to have some lost a little weight since so hopefully he gets going back in the right direction.