Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject2017 was killer, 2018 to now was a step back
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13337404&mesg_id=13337442
13337442, 2017 was killer, 2018 to now was a step back
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jun-09-19 08:50 PM
I lost more than 60 pounds and now I have put almost 40 of it back. I was managing pretty well for a while but then I was on the road a lot for work which is always a great way to break any good habits. it means working late, eating at odd hours, eating out all the time, snacking a little more, social stuff organized around food, being away from our gym, etc.

I tried to walk a lot but that didn't really offset much. I hung in there at about a 20-pound net gain for months but then put on another 15 or so recently during the playoffs.

So now I am trying to get back to the good habits I had before. It's also hard because we moved and we're stocking our house a bit more. Before I basically cooked or got food at meals only, now we have shit to snack on between meals and late at night because our living situation changed. Exercise is going pretty good, I'm playing basketball five times a week (despite the wishes of my left Achilles tendon) and getting back into lifting. I feel like moving back to a big city would help, too, being in the suburbs now means we go everywhere in a car. That's about three miles of walking--exercise without even thinking about it--cut out of the picture. I tried to go for a two-mile walk the other day and we almost got hit by a car--twice! I fucking hate Southern California drivers man.