Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectList Non-Related MVP's of your life, E.g. Mechanic, Tailor, Dentist
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13335877
13335877, List Non-Related MVP's of your life, E.g. Mechanic, Tailor, Dentist
Posted by Case_One, Thu May-30-19 09:42 AM
To me, there's no greater MVP than a solid Mechanic, Cleaners, and Tailor

A good mechanic will take care of you, hook you up, guide you right, charge a fair price, and put in extras for free.

A quality Cleaners will add things like buttons and fix zippers at no cost without even telling you. They will keep your clothing looking good and do it all quickly and with a smile.

A good tailor will do quality alterations for a great price, tell you what looks good and what to avoid, and add little needed details.

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ
13335891, I'd say a good side chick
Posted by Cam, Thu May-30-19 09:54 AM
but Black Men Don't Cheat
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEDx5NDXV4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Song of the summer
13335965, GET OUT!
Posted by Case_One, Thu May-30-19 10:48 AM

“It was the evidence from science and history that prompted me to abandon my atheism and become a Christian.” — Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ
13335975, Ha
Posted by Cam, Thu May-30-19 11:05 AM
But yeah, I used to have a great shoe cobbler. Now everyplace I go to is hit or miss and never more than adequate.

Good bartenders and restaurant staff too. Jose Andres had no-cost meals for Gov workers furloughed all throughout Donald's shutdown. I got addicted to a specific rotation of meals there--so much so I go as often as I can now. Went for a birthday two weeks ago, we were so full we opted out of desert. A week later, without a word remembered we skipped it before, they brought us desert after our meal...and they somehow knew I specifically preferred my desert in the form of a particular cocktail, even though I rarely order cocktails, and only at the bar not when I sit to eat there.
https://www.jaleo.com/location/washington-dc/
13336119, Maybe I should have said non Family MVP's ...LOL
Posted by Case_One, Fri May-31-19 07:43 AM
This Post has potential.

13336121, GC that keeps me laced with the side projects......
Posted by FLUIDJ, Fri May-31-19 07:45 AM
13336138, A barber
Posted by DJR, Fri May-31-19 09:26 AM
A reliable barber that does a good job is so valuable.
13336146, Hell yes.
Posted by Brew, Fri May-31-19 09:51 AM
13336165, ^^^
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri May-31-19 10:45 AM
13336217, probably the only one listed so far that i relate to
Posted by mista k5, Fri May-31-19 12:44 PM
with that said i more so got a spot than a barber right now. i dont want to wait for a specific barber or adjust my schedule based on theirs. so its good to have a spot i can go to and trust that they wont mess up my cut.

only thing is that i dont trust them to touch my beard. i do miss having a barber that would do that right.

i definitely see the value in these others but i havent had much need for them in my current situation.

back when i had a super used ride a good mechanic was for sure valuable.
13336167, Handyman
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri May-31-19 10:50 AM
That guy you can call for damn near anything and he either knows how to do it or knows someone who can do it for him at a great price.

13336214, Lawn Care.
Posted by Case_One, Fri May-31-19 12:35 PM
If you don't like to cut grass or do lawn maintenance you need a Lawn Care person.

13336233, ^^^^^^^
Posted by soulfunk, Fri May-31-19 01:05 PM
>If you don't like to cut grass or do lawn maintenance you
>need a Lawn Care person.

Yep. After trying to do it myself for YEARS I got a good landscaping and lawn care service which has been worth every single penny. AND they do snow removal in the winter which has been a Godsend. Noone feels like shoveling snow on early in the morning just to get to work.
13336215, the weedmang
Posted by fontgangsta, Fri May-31-19 12:41 PM
i was afraid i was gonna be assed out on the delivery tip when i left NYC, but i found a guy ASAP when i moved to CLT and god bless him
13336237, A good neighbor
Posted by dustin, Fri May-31-19 01:34 PM
My next door neighbor is a retired school teacher. She looks out for my house in so many ways and has saved many a package from my doorstep. Love her