Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYa'll seen 'Live....All in the Family & The Jeffersons'?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13334730
13334730, Ya'll seen 'Live....All in the Family & The Jeffersons'?
Posted by double negative, Fri May-24-19 11:26 AM
Its uh...interesting
13334733, Everything involving the Jeffersons was great
Posted by mrhood75, Fri May-24-19 11:39 AM
The All in The Family portion was okay; I liked Marisa Tomeir but Woody Harrelson was not good. His really bad approximation of a Queen's accent kept taking me out of it. And I think the pacing of the episode and structure just feels weird close to 50 years after it first aired. But everything in the Jeffersons in that episode was gold. Jamie Foxx was playing Sherman Helmsley playing George Jefferson, but the face off between him and Woody was still funny.

The Jeffersons episode worked much better. Foxx seemed more comfortable, and it probably helped that he had Wanda Sykes to play off of. The stuff with Will Farrell and Kerry Washington was also really good.

If nothing else, you could tell just about everyone was having a lot of fun. It'd be interesting if they tried this again with other shows.
13334744, I Fast Forwarded through All in the Family.....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Fri May-24-19 11:59 AM
The Jeffersons was just ok...but having grown up with them...I don't see how anyone that did similar could have said it was a worthwhile endeavor.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"
13334745, The Jeffersons was excellent.
Posted by Teknontheou, Fri May-24-19 12:02 PM
I was captivated by Jackee and Kerri and Wanda was great too. Of course Jamie was good, as always. Marla Gibbs still has the comedic touch, even at her age, too.
13334766, I didn't want impersonations and a 1970s sketch.
Posted by Monkey Genius, Fri May-24-19 01:18 PM
I thought it was gonna be using old scripts in a modern context. This... well, I'm glad folks enjoyed it.
13334875, Wanda Sykes didn’t even try to impersonate Weezy.
Posted by legsdiamond, Sat May-25-19 11:45 AM
13334895, shit was wack/embarrassing
Posted by rdhull, Sat May-25-19 08:16 PM
13334909, shit looks terrible to me
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun May-26-19 12:41 AM
some shit popped in its era and should be left there. i can only imagine what the contemporary versions are like, and i don't want to see the real thing