Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPull that arm back Stretch Armstrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13330637&mesg_id=13436041
13436041, Pull that arm back Stretch Armstrong
Posted by double negative, Thu Jun-24-21 07:25 PM
you mentioned women in the front lines in the military - I did not, nor am I talking about that.

You know what I think about?

I think about how we really don't know what WE are as a species. We don't know the limits of our potential really. Besides things that can kill you, most of the limits we have are the limits we set.

Thats why I referenced the historical long-distance jumping chart.

If we were to suddenly open things up there might be some imbalance, but you're thinking about today. I'm thinking, there's going to be 10 people who will see a new watermark and say "aight, bet, hold my protein shake" and then jump for it. Then, the upcoming generation will look at that watermark and jump for it and go higher.

Do you think we're going to put the toothpaste back in the tube? That we're just going to forget about this debate? That maybe 10 years from now, someone is going to turn to you at a bbq and say "oh wow, remember back in the day people actually THOUGHT that was going to work?"

you underestimate humans.

Honestly though...this all feels like a mountain being made of a molehill. The reality is, they open things up and like 3 trans athletes compete and it's no biggie.

You're literally giving yourself a headache because you want the world to be a preserved image of how it was when you came to understand it. Realize that this is all just a taste of how radically different things will be 100, 200, 500 years from now.