Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Yes EDITED my Response
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13330637&mesg_id=13330644
13330644, RE: Yes EDITED my Response
Posted by Case_One, Mon May-06-19 09:40 AM
>It's utterly unsurprising that this article fails to mention
>that the NCAA has its own transgender policy that's been in
>place for the better part of a decade that draws clear lines
>and avoids the chaos that a lot of this amendment's advocates
>pretend to be concerned with.
>

So are the state legislatures misinformed and are wrong?

So, could this have soemthing to do with the argument? I'm asking not debating.

"School sports are actually not mentioned in the Equality Act, nor does it amend Title IX, which outlaws discrimination in education on the basis of sex. But the bill would change other existing civil rights laws governing educational settings. And that would provide a legal basis for transgender students to make the claim in court that they have a right to compete on teams that match their gender identity."

https://www.outsports.com/2019/4/3/18294310/transgender-inclusion-trans-sports-house-equality-athletes

>I'd be more willing to accept that the people here were trying
>to protect women's sports if they didn't keep trying to scare
>people by making it seem like transgender people were trying
>to steal something of actual monetary value, like scholarships
>to NCAA schools. That's a lie, and the people doing it are
>liars. And it should make us doubt their motives.

What points are being used to scare people? Who said that anyone was intending or purposefully trying to steal something? So, are you saying that bringing up unintened consequences is a scare tactic?

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men..."~ Co