Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWhats the best way to reach a famous person/celebrity?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13329084&mesg_id=13329084
13329084, Whats the best way to reach a famous person/celebrity?
Posted by double negative, Mon Apr-29-19 10:42 AM
background:

I lived through the LA riots, I lived right in the epicenter @ Florence & Normandie.

After the burned buildings cooled off, owners/contractors/the city started to tear everything down so the hood was surrounded by piles of rubble.

My house at that time, after the riots had an interesting quirk - our backyard was up against an industrial building that burned down and for some months you could clearly see Normandie from our backyard, you could just walk from the grass to the street. Because of this our house selected by a location scout to film a piece about the effects of the riot on the hood.

It was either HBO or Showtime. Cuba Gooding Jr. was the host since Boyz came out in 1991 and the riots happened in 1992.

Two things happened when he was there filming.

The first thing is the gang bangers were cut very differently from the gangsters of today - they were still banging but were strangely socially conscious. They straight up confronted the filming crew and threatened violence because they felt the crew was exploiting tragedy and were not trusting the final product to be reflective of how life really was in the hood. There was also a gross element of "ya'll here, you need to check in and hit us off with some money if you want to be here"

The second thing is, before the crew packed the fuck up and left I managed to get a picture with Cuba Gooding jr.

So now with the ability to connect with people, I really want to get to the bottom of what happened. There is NO mention of the filming project on IMDB and I've tried searching for it through the years.

So, I guess I want to know what the best possible way would be - he's not on twitter but hes on Instagram. I could just post the image and tag him on some "What you know about this?" but hes a celebrity so I'm sure for him it's nothing but noise or its a managed account.

WWYD?