Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13328106
13328106, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Geah, Wed Apr-24-19 06:06 AM
Zzz
13328112, a company I did some work for went public
Posted by tomjohn29, Wed Apr-24-19 08:18 AM
got options for my work
exercised them last year
second time this has happened (worked on Mint.com before they got bought)
wife said just become house husband
I think I may start a non profit lol

life comes at you fast
13328113, Hey....HEY...hey hey HEy.Hey..... what ya say...
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Apr-24-19 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-oLqMwzvBY
13328156, !!!
Posted by infin8, Wed Apr-24-19 10:06 AM
thass dope.

you gon do it, do it?
13328125, I’m taking a break from drinking.
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-24-19 08:52 AM
Wife still sippin’ but I’m good right now. No real reason besides wanting to prove I can go without. I don’t even have a desire right now.

Wife heard the numbers for part time daycare in the summer and she didn’t like them which makes me happy. Let’s save some money this summer.

I finally heard back from life insurance after the bloodwork and they can eat a dick sideways. They changed the price on me due to my triglycerides being high. It’s bullshit. Gonna shop around because they want me to pay like it’s a 2 million dollar policy. It’s because I’m black. I know it is.

These little girls are bad as shit. My oldest favorite word is no. She is spoiled. Both of them are so I have to find a way to nip this in the bud.
13328128, I got life insurance last year.
Posted by tariqhu, Wed Apr-24-19 08:58 AM
same type of deal, raised the price once the bloodwork came back. so I just dropped the coverage down to something I could absorb.

it ending up making more sense because I didn't really need the initial level of coverage that we discussed.

this shit is all a racket.
13328200, Good for you on the drinking tip...
Posted by Creole, Wed Apr-24-19 10:57 AM

>I finally heard back from life insurance after the bloodwork
>and they can eat a dick sideways. They changed the price on me
>due to my triglycerides being high. It’s bullshit. Gonna
>shop around because they want me to pay like it’s a 2
>million dollar policy. It’s because I’m black. I know it
>is.

It's because you're black and ALSO because those triglycerides are high. Get that second part in line. Then, watch the premiums tumble.

>These little girls are bad as shit. My oldest favorite word is
>no. She is spoiled. Both of them are so I have to find a way
>to nip this in the bud.

You are a dad with daughters. Ain' no "nip this in the bud." LMAO Good try though! LOL
13328225, This morning at daycare I was trying to get the older one in her room
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-24-19 11:49 AM
and the teacher says “is that your baby on the floor too?”

I looked at her like:

https://giphy.com/gifs/blank-stare-bad-santa-dead-3o7aTLhoDUdLALkXBe

13328239, It don't stop, bruh! It. Don't. Stop.
Posted by Creole, Wed Apr-24-19 12:34 PM
LOL
13328279, I need to.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Apr-24-19 02:05 PM
13328161, Philly women gotta be in the bottom 1/3 of the country
Posted by flipnile, Wed Apr-24-19 10:08 AM
I'm from here, so it is what it is.

It got warm out, they are wearing less clothes and the visuals got WORSE. Imagination is better than reality in this case. I work downtown and go BLOCKS without seeing and fine women (black women, at least, but that's a whole 'nother complaint).

Just called my homey this morning to plan out a motorcycle ride, maybe to Atlanta or somewhere else down south. Somewhere we can go socialize with women that aren't frowning looking like they ready to fuck a chick up. This shit is depressing.

For real, I walk around and go BLOCKS. BLOCKS, yo.

Sometimes, I wish I grew up in Texas, Florida, California or some other state where the average women would be dimes here.

And before anyone says it, the men here are fucking slobs too.

I love my city, but damn.

It's finally warm out. Things should be better than this.
13328164, how tf does it get WORSE w/ less clothes lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Apr-24-19 10:10 AM
damn that's a problem.
13328227, Prolly the reason I got back with the missed when we broke up in Philly
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Apr-24-19 11:52 AM
The prospects were terrible

I had to recruit out of towners to level up.
13328286, 4 out of the last 5 women I've dated were not from Philly
Posted by flipnile, Wed Apr-24-19 02:18 PM
I've found I get along with southern and mid-western women much better. My lady now is from the deep south.

13328295, damn lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Apr-24-19 02:49 PM
13328591, Rittenhouse always has nice visuals when it's nice out
Posted by makaveli, Thu Apr-25-19 04:04 PM
13328709, But the white girls is fine as hell
Posted by Crisco, Fri Apr-26-19 10:47 AM
I was living at the shore in HIgh School and the gene pool was inbred it seemed. Then I got to college right outside of Philly and was like Hallelelujah.

So date white girls.
13328779, That's the "whole 'nother complaint" up above :(
Posted by flipnile, Fri Apr-26-19 01:54 PM
>But the white girls is fine as hell

Fortunately I'm beau'd up, but if I wasn't I'd think about it.

The "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude here sucks. I'll leave... I can go find in import.
13328163, i think im an attention whore. either that or i just hate being alone
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Apr-24-19 10:09 AM
so i was giving my cousin the rundown on my dating life. and she's a digger in conversation so she really drilled me about why i need to see multiple girls.

and ultimately it came down to the fact that i really just need attention. i have a lot of hobbies but usually after 9-10pm im free and i usually stay up until like 1am anyway. i also dont mind ditching hobbies/commitments to do something better either. so i have a lot of free time essentially.

and when im into a woman i really just like to see them a lot. be around them. take in their energy. enjoy the convo. its not even about sex. im the same way with my friends so it's just kind of how i am. i try to be understanding about people's lives but just try to match my effort. otherwise i'll just keep rocking until i find someone that will.
13328710, Me too. Which is why i deleted all my datin gapps
Posted by Crisco, Fri Apr-26-19 10:51 AM
I had 19 women in my rotation at one point. It was way to many. But it's a constant supply hitting you up on these dating apps. And I like the attention.

I'm down to about 12 Chicks in my rotation but I can honestly let go of 8 of them in a heart beat if I wanted to. Guess I'm waiting on them to tell me they are no longer interested.

I like company. I like new experiences. Just have to learn to enjoy that with the same person.
13328228, USPS still hasn’t processed my resignation
Posted by MEAT, Wed Apr-24-19 11:53 AM
It’s been a month to the day.
13328662, USPS Tryng To Keep Your Ass There Long As They Can
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Fri Apr-26-19 12:37 AM
...or they waiting to get tighter security for a few weeks, they ain't trying to have another person go postal on them.....ha ha ha ha ha!

13328307, Be careful what you wish for….
Posted by Coprolalia, Wed Apr-24-19 03:08 PM
I just turned 41 a few weeks ago, aside from the occasional international travel I had a pretty boring life. Wake up, goto work, come home, Xbox, drinks, hang with family, etc, repeat. Point is after my bills were paid I only had to worry about myself… and would often jokingly (sometimes seriously) watch and hear about couples and the drama they were going through and wish I had something like that to spice up my boring life sometimes.

Wellllllll………..I slide into an old co-worker’s DM and 3 months later I slide into her uterus, after going 20+ years with barely a pregnancy scare and wondering if I could even have kids, I did it now… (my uncle at this point would say “Momma’s baby, Pappa’s Maybe”, but imma keep a positive mindset for now!). At this point it doesn’t sound too bad, but when I add that she already has one kid and is currently separated (1.5yrs) from her husband, it gets worse… now add that I suspect she might be suffering from some mental disorder…

I know I said I wanted ‘some’ drama but dayum! …. I should have known better in so many ways, like you don’t need drama to spice things up!
13328592, whoa
Posted by mista k5, Thu Apr-25-19 04:06 PM
thats a confession

just focus on the kid. whatever you decide to do make sure its about whats best for the kid.

edit: wait did you just have a scare or is she pregnant?
13328810, naw, its official.. 7 weeks
Posted by Coprolalia, Fri Apr-26-19 03:25 PM
13328711, Keep the peace. Dealing with crazy chicks aint easy
Posted by Crisco, Fri Apr-26-19 10:53 AM
Always keep a level head even when she tries to suck you into her madness. Sh*t is about to get real for the next 18 plus years.
13328812, RE: Keep the peace. Dealing with crazy chicks aint easy
Posted by Coprolalia, Fri Apr-26-19 03:28 PM
>Always keep a level head even when she tries to suck you into
>her madness. Sh*t is about to get real for the next 18 plus
>years.

Absolutely!.. I usually let her rant it out, don't say a word or have an opinion and try to not take it personally. For the most part it has worked out where after a night or two she'll realize what she said was wrong and apologize.

I have a large amount of patience, especially now with a baby involved.
13328596, RJ has me scared to post
Posted by mista k5, Thu Apr-25-19 04:16 PM
which i guess was the objective.

i stop myself before even hitting reply more because i dont want to say something that can be distorted to mean something i didnt. or worse, actually post something insensitive.

its worse when i read some posts i didnt interact with and some people make valid points but the focus switches to a segment of a sentence in their reply. or an old comment they made that is being brought up to make some other argument.

things are distorted and blown out of proportion and has everyone apparently arguing about things i find hard to believe any of us actually disagree about.

sometimes i want to jump in to try to clarify something but then i know i will get thrown in as a defender of ___

yeah.
13328601, Fuck that dude.
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Apr-25-19 04:47 PM
13328694, Best thing is to ignore them and do your thing
Posted by flipnile, Fri Apr-26-19 09:26 AM
Their playbook is *literally* this: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

There is no winning with these folks, because most-likely they aren't approaching conversations or debates from the same perspective as you are. A dead-gieveaway is when someone makes a *logical* discussion *personal* or *emotional*

I'm guessing that you pause before posting more for logical or rational reasons (you have a valid point, perspective or question), but more about how certain people will react. That's called "Walking on Eggshells:" https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/walk_on_eggshells

This:

>but then i know i will get thrown in as a defender of ___

Is one the the favorite plays. Instead of addressing *what* you say, they attack *you* with hopes that you start defending yourself against their attack. You've already lost once you start trying to fight their straw men.
13328737, ironic one is that the 'appeal to authority' fallacy is OVERUSED by that crowd
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Apr-26-19 11:51 AM
13328744, ^ ^ ^Hit the nail on the head!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Fri Apr-26-19 12:06 PM
13329108, this is a straw man argument btw
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Apr-29-19 11:07 AM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
13328743, Man fuck dat ninja!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Fri Apr-26-19 12:04 PM
He a genuine cancer on these boards.

He like the sage grandmaster of *Toxic-Assholelinity©

Don't sweat'eem, Troop.
He just mad 'cus his hairline fucked up.

13328843, RJCC ain't worried about you boy!
Posted by isaaaa, Fri Apr-26-19 04:57 PM
And if he is, so fucking what lol

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com
13329107, *looks at the list of people who are mad at me*
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Apr-29-19 11:07 AM
yeah I'm ok with that.

I don't recall calling you a defender of anything, or calling anyone a defender of anything they weren't defending.

if you have something to contribute to a conversation then by all means you should

if the the thing you have to contribute is an explanation of why you think something isn't racist or why someone shouldn't believe a woman who says she's the victim of sexual assault or harassment and you are not in any way an expert in any of those things, then maybe you should just post about videogames or sports or whatever?

13329137, It’s a confession. Shut yo ass up
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Apr-29-19 11:41 AM
13329156, hey, remember that time you claimed there were accusations about me
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Apr-29-19 11:56 AM
and then you just dropped it and refused to talk about it anymore?

what happened with that?

you got a confession to make?

13328641, ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Posted by Latina212, Thu Apr-25-19 09:09 PM
this year, we got $5k in professional development funds
i've only spent $1400 for my class at northwestern and certification
i really want to go to the conference in las vegas in two months
registration is $1800. i can book flight and hotel at the aria for under a $1000
that doesn't even come close to maxing out
but i keep thinking its too much and i shouldn't go
meanwhile other people spend thousands of dollars on bullshit
when this could really help me
and i've never been to vegas

i wish i was the one making him laugh
13328712, Go to Las Vegas and enjoy yourself
Posted by Crisco, Fri Apr-26-19 10:55 AM
Let me know when. I will meet you there. I need a trip to Vegas bad!!
13328862, * *Story in development* *
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Fri Apr-26-19 07:36 PM
*Birdman hands*

13329246, only if she's big and white
Posted by tariqhu, Mon Apr-29-19 02:20 PM
13328723, If it's outta their pockets, you betta go enjoy it to the fullest.
Posted by Creole, Fri Apr-26-19 11:21 AM