Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNo. He wasn't being disingenuous. He was being a supporter and stand-up...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13324464&mesg_id=13324848
13324848, No. He wasn't being disingenuous. He was being a supporter and stand-up...
Posted by Creole, Fri Apr-05-19 03:39 PM
guy for what he believes in. After reading through it again, it would have been much better had they gotten to each other, in person, as opposed to doing their best to articulate their points within that limited character set.

I do think, as stated in the piece, that it was a bit far-fetched to label the brother as homophobic. And I think that Nipsey's perspective may have been a little off-base as well because I see tons of representation, of Black men, from all walks of life. At the same time, I can't dispute his experience because he may not have been looking at the same things that I was.

"While the LBGTQ community are indeed still fighting for rights, describing Nipsey’s words as “violent” and “homophobic” are a stretch.

Stating that Blacks don’t have as many straight, positive, non-violent representations may be unfounded and baseless, but it’s an observation, and it does not mean he’s against the cause."