Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHaha that's dope - I miss accumulating time off.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13319483&mesg_id=13319559
13319559, Haha that's dope - I miss accumulating time off.
Posted by Brew, Wed Mar-13-19 08:19 PM
I used to work for a huge insurance company and you could accumulate paid time off. And every year or so you accumulated another half day a month. I couldn't take it fast enough haha. And I used to rent summer houses from Memorial Day thru Labor Day in Newport every summer so for the 5 years I did that I legit took 3 full consecutive weeks off and just fucking lounnnnnged on the beach.

And even with those 3 weeks and various other long weekends, etc. I'd still have time to kill at year end so I wouldn't lose it. So I'd typically just take the holidays off.

Then when I left the company I had so much time built up that I got a check for the unused time a few weeks later for several thousand dollars haha. So that was fucking dope.

Now I am able to work remotely much of the time, then I got a few weeks vaca for the year and "unlimited" sick time, tho I rarely use it. Nice to have tho, but typically if I'm not feeling right I just plug in from home. Obviously considering all that, my freedom isn't all that much different than it was at that old gig, but I do miss looking in the system to see that I have like 11 weeks of unused time lol.