Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMeh I think we need to learn our lesson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13318132&mesg_id=13322107
13322107, Meh I think we need to learn our lesson
Posted by Stadiq, Mon Mar-25-19 11:26 AM
The narrative was Trump was horrible and Mueller was going to take him down. That is a very over-simplified version, but that was it.

Mueller was/is a hero who will save the country so to speak.

And we/the left/etc put so much stock into "Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election" and/or "Russia owns Trump" that we forgot to talk about all the other horrible stuff he has done in plain sight as President.

We had this fantasy that there would be a watergate-like situation where Trump had to leave in shame- we focused on this unlikely situation rather than putting the right amount of energy into everything from the Muslim ban to the wall to the tax scam.

We have to stop expecting institutions, republicans (even Mueller), and rich white people to do the "right" thing.

So this idea that Mueller handed stuff off to other institutions to save us just sounds like wishful thinking that ignores the past 3 years or whatever. No institution has stopped him to this point.

I mean, if there is some really terrible stuff in this report that Barr is hiding or that Mueller felt he couldn't trust him with, why didn't the hero Mueller give it to Congress himself? Or leak that shit?

I was told he was some expert investigator who loved his country, hated Russia, etc. But he is going to continue to let a Russia asset be POTUS because of norms or something?

Even if the above questions are silly because of legal reasons, you know Trumpsters will be saying something similar.

Yeah, the investigations in congress should continue, etc. But we need to stop focusing on it so much and Dems need to talk about shit that will help win the election.

Headlines everywhere today basically say "Trump Innocent" and there is no going back from that, man.

It sucks. It isn't fair.

Running around telling everyone "oh there's more to this story, just wait" isn't the play man. "We" will sound like we are screaming "fake news" or whatever.

Nothing is going to happen to Trump in a legal sense, man.