Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI listened to the first three episode just for you my guy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13317930&mesg_id=13470760
13470760, I listened to the first three episode just for you my guy.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Oct-13-22 09:16 AM
It is kind of what I thought it would be. It is deeply in the weeds with the main goal of proving that the case against Adnan was trash because the cops and the prosecutors tampered with Jay and Jay is generally an unreliable witness. Things I all knew going into it.

It's also pretty blatant an advocacy piece and it leads them to make assumptions and draw conclusions that are leaps of faith. If I had a transcript I was annotate and show many examples but one example from the second episode is that they rely heavy on a witness who says that Adnan asked Hae for a ride and Hae said she couldn't do it to argue that Adnan didn't get in the car with Hae. I don't think you can draw that conclusion. I think if the witness is reliable, the only conclusion you can draw from it is Adnan wanted to get in the car with Hae. their are tons of examples like that.

I restarted Serial because I wanted my kids to hear it and it really is just great story telling. What someone just called both side-ism is actually Sarah K trying to be balanced and impartial. And even as she tries to do it, it's pretty clear she sides with Adnan. Undisclosed is a bit tedious, clearly and advocacy piece and itself leaves out info to paint a picture one way. I do believe you can hear 10 hours of a one sided argument and end up with a less clear picture of what actually happened. I didn't want the MJJ HBO documentary because it was clearly going to be an advocacy piece and what I would really want to see is an impartial investigation (there is a good one on luminary). Same with the Ronan Farrow Woody Allen Doc. (BTW, I am not against advocacy docs in general, I dug the R Kelly doc even though it was advocacy because I really think there is a big factual dispute at the heart of it. )

I think the best thing Adnan has going for him is his DNA isn't in the car or on her and their is unidentified on her. At this point, I think its the main thing that would resolve this case.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"