Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI am relistening to Serial. I am reminded why I still think Adnan did it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13317930&mesg_id=13470552
13470552, I am relistening to Serial. I am reminded why I still think Adnan did it.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Oct-11-22 11:02 AM
Only 5 episodes in but let me ask this basic question:

We know all Jay's testimony is untrustworthy and the police definitely told him what to say on the record. That being said, how do we explain away that another witness, Jennifer Pusateri, said that Jay told her that Adnan killed Hae on the very night that it happened (not six weeks later when the body was found)? Was she tampered with too?

The other thing I notice is that Adnan really tries to downplay his relationship with Jay. Wants to describe them as casual acquaintances. That is really hard to square with him letting Jay drive his car and use his cellphone. At the same time Jay's story doesn't make a lot of sense as to why Adnan came to him. Jay really tries hard as well to downplay their relationship. It just doesn't make sense.

I am sure people who have been following this for years have addressed these questions, but its the first things that pop out while listening.

Here is where I am, there is a biiig whole in the story. There is a key piece of information that would explain a lot of going on, and I think its information we don't have and is outside the four corners of the story we have heard today. I think Adnan is hiding something very big and I don't think it's necessarily that he killed Hae, but its something that he doesn't want coming out (and won't necessarily prove his innocents but will explain his strange behavior).

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"