Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe Case Against Adnan Syed Starts this weekend.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13317930&mesg_id=13317930
13317930, The Case Against Adnan Syed Starts this weekend.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Mar-06-19 03:02 PM
I guess this will be the case we will be discussing this weekend.

I am guessing as much as people thought Adnan was innocent after listening to Serial, I think people will turn the other way to thinking he was guilty after this airs.

I've forgotten most of the details from Serial but let me state before it airs my simple airtight logic as to why I believe this dude is guilty. It goes like this:

1. I think we can agree that the only person who we know without a doubt knew something about the murder of Hae Min Lee is Jay Wilds, the person who pointed the police towards the body (or was it the car?). Agreed? We know he knows something about the murder since he gave the police key evidence.

2. We also know that he implicated himself and said he helped Adnan deal with the body. We also know that the only person without a doubt knows whether Jay is lying is Adnan Syed. Adnan knows because he is implicated in Jay's story.

3. So if we know that Adnan knows whether Jay is lying or telling the truth and we (including Adnan) know that Jay knows something about the death per point 1, then why wouldn't Adnan point the finger at Jay as the murderer if he knows Jay knows something about the death AND is lying about Adnan having a role in it? Instead he consistently said he didn't know why Jay would make it up.

The only hole in this theory is that maybe Adnan and Jay know some third party who is responsible who has them scared to speak up but I don't think we've heard anything to suggest that.

Anyway, that ninja did it, and folks will see it that way once the doc airs. Until someone makes another better documentary arguing he didn't do it.

That's how it seems to go these days.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"