Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe GND Bill and whatever follows is the only substantive path forward
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13316337&mesg_id=13316513
13316513, The GND Bill and whatever follows is the only substantive path forward
Posted by MEAT, Wed Feb-27-19 02:12 PM
For America.
Is it the best? No
Will it immediately stop climate change? No
Will it even work? Depends on what work is.
What it will do is codify a set of actions and paths forward for a country that is horny for its legal system, in the most aggressive way that this country will allow
It won’t start a green revolution
It won’t kick start sweeping changes across the country
But at the very least
For America
It’ll say ... “the future of humanity is non negotiable, if you want to argue on how this could be more impactful then we’re all ears, but if your point is we need to be reasonable about what can pass ... then our point is it’s unreasonable to treat this as anything less than a crisis.”

I’m not arguing for the GND
I’m arguing against anyone that wants to appeal to political reality to discuss a crisis of existence. People that think they can comprise with science should be ridiculed. Negotiating to the “center” should be laughed out. The sun has no friends and takes no prisoners.

I don’t offer any solutions though. But with geoengineering, in this country it all comes down to tax incentives, government funding, and litigation to be able to even pursue that to scale.