Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectFeinstein was 100% right in that exchange,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13316337&mesg_id=13316454
13316454, Feinstein was 100% right in that exchange,
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Feb-27-19 12:49 PM
both in the full exchange and in the James O'Keefe-style edited video.

BTW, it's funny how progressives had such an easy time understanding what James O'Keefe was doing in his chopped-up context-free viral videos. But then we can fall for the same thing hook line and sinker when someone claims to be doing it in the name of their naive understanding of progressive strategy. Do you REALLY think she was telling that kid that her opinion didn't matter if she didn't vote for her? Really, do you think that? That makes logical sense to you?

I'm sure people won't be surprised by my support for Feinstein, or my disgust at these unserious, counterproductive, false environmentalists (even putting aside the fact that they sent in children to serve as pawns in their delusional game).

But there is no issue that's more important than climate change. On that I can agree with the Sunrise idiots and with Senator Feinstein. Back when we had right wingers around here I argued that point in threads over 1000 posts deep.

Given that we all agree that there's no issue more important than climate change, it would be nice if we could actually try to address it. A first step would be to focus on bills that DON'T explicitly rule out the most effective and efficient carbon-free technology of all, nuclear power, which all quantitative estimates agree is a necessary element of any carbon-free economy that we could have within the coming decades. We could focus on bills that don't precondition climate action on totally unrelated issues like Medicare for all, free tuition, or universal basic income (all of which are important, but bundling then together will only make action LESS possible). And it would be nice if we could focus on the persuasion that REALLY needs to be done. No bill will EVER become law until someone convinces RED STATE voters that the problem is real.

If these people actually cared about fixing the climate crisis they'd be touring Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, Oklahoma, ..., bringing those voters and senators around to the understanding that the issue is real and we need to do something.

Instead, the left is turning into a martyrdom cult. To these idiots, the fact that the GND is impossible is a feature, not a big.