Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdon't throw water on a grease chicken grease fire
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13316337&mesg_id=13316440
13316440, don't throw water on a grease chicken grease fire
Posted by Selah, Wed Feb-27-19 12:29 PM
>Don’t tell me about the ways you’re building fire
>retardant buildings when my house is on fire

and if I see you about to do that, should I not say, "wait"?

i get what you are saying (at least i think i do. paraphrase - if someone is hungry, feed them and then show them how to get food. educating is different than - and not necessarily exclusive to - filling a need)

in the video she started off well enough when she said there were problems with one version and she had an alternate

but then she jumped off the rails

she didn't listen

she didn't point out how the WHAT they trying to fix is a legitimate thing

she tried to explain compromise, but didn't fully explain how a small gain is better than none

when the kid said "you can still vote yes" she wasn't as emphatic in her "maybe I will" (WHY NOT? why is yours better)

with all this wrangling about a photo-op gone wrong and the subsequent talkety-talk (or typedy-type) the question is: when all that is said and done has either party in the discussion learned anything (as opposed to being more entrenched in the position they already had and playing the "my way or nothing" gambit) or is the issue any closer to being fixed <---- to me, THAT is what matters most

not whose side are we on, or who got schooled/owned/destroyed