Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSaw the whole video, didn't make her look good
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13316337&mesg_id=13316395
13316395, Saw the whole video, didn't make her look good
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Feb-27-19 11:25 AM
I also don't have a special spot in my heart for rich octogenarians yelling at kids, though, so that's just me.

>Yall really want your politicians to pat you and the head and
>say I love your passion knowing the shit they are proposing
>will never pass?

What if you explained why it was unlikely to pass as of now AND, instead of talking about why it was so important to compromise with a bunch of people who literally don't believe the issue you care about exists, talked about WHY they don't believe it exists and what needs to be done about that. I understand this might be *partisan* and therefore bad, and that it also might implicate you and your party as well. But what's the harm in being real?

Like, what if you started from the position that this was something we need and gradually wittled down from there? Instead of starting from the position that you need to appease Republicans, so best to start with something that is basically a warmed-over GOP plan from 2003, then watch them all not vote for it anyway.

>That's just bullshit coodling. She tried to treat them like
>adults and have a grown up discussion with how it works and
>they just couldn't be bothered to pay any attention to
>anything they were saying and stuck to the "We are the future
>and we are going to die!"
>
>It's just a disservice to kids to not be real with them.

I mean, yeah, "I will capitulate to Republicans" is her being honest. I guess I don't see what's so honorable or BAWSE BITCH about that.

>or let me axe you this, describe a scenario of how it could
>have gone down in a way that you would have found acceptable
>that is also not total bullshit?

Acceptable: "Thanks, I support this because even though I'm going to be dead soon, it would be cool if the whole world didn't boil to death after I'm gone."

Truly honest answer: "I am a huge part of the problem because I'm 80 and don't give a shit."

Acceptable, honest answer: "I am a huge part of the problem because I'm 80 and don't give a shit, time for me to resign and let this seat be held by someone who doesn't suck ass. Your parents are probably lying to you, smoke weed everyday."