Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh no doubt.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314750&mesg_id=13384729
13384729, Oh no doubt.
Posted by navajo joe, Wed May-20-20 08:50 AM
I'm just clarifying for others that this isn't a theoretical hypothetical lyrical miracle. It's not hyperbole, it's not a metaphor. It is a statement of fact.

There are a small, vocal subset of people on this board that minimize the situation we're in constantly.

It is depressing and while I agree that the people in position to fight this have been ineffective and in many cases asleep at the wheel in a lot of cases they were just plain outmaneuvered by criminals and those willing to aide and abet.

Remember, the president was impeached however the Republicans in the senate voted not to even hear evidence for an actual trial. Mueller's investigation was shut down by Barr. Epstein was allowed to kill himself or be killed. Barr dropped charges against Flynn.

So yes, there have been abject failures by those in power to stop this. But there have also been things done that very few people accounted for. Some of that is based on the fact that we have long held the idea that we're special. That this doesn't happen in America. To us, it happens in small countries we can't find on a map that end in '-onia' Well, it finally has happened here and it has been orchestrated with a lot of the people who've been doing it in those countries we never really thought about.

As I said during impeachment, this has been a LONG play and is a culmination of a lot of hard work by a lot of very bad people for a long time. And we've ALL been asleep at the wheel. Now we're so far behind the 8-ball it is scary.