Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdont quote me as an expert on any of this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314750&mesg_id=13314808
13314808, dont quote me as an expert on any of this
Posted by Reeq, Wed Feb-20-19 05:46 PM
but my understanding is that theyre are workarounds that congress can attempt (dem majority in the house since repubs wont lift a finger)...like hearings, doj/fbi/sco subpoenas, etc.

its imperfect and subject to various confidentiality rules (like only gang of 8 can see certain material above a certain clearance). but its a piecemeal approach to forcing info out into the public sphere (like mueller including investigation information in grand jury documents).

but the point is that it isnt legally set in stone...and thus challengeable/obstructable.

theyve been trying to pass bipartisan legislation mandating that the special counsel release a report directly to congress/public without ag interference. naturally its been held up in the senate by mitch mcconnell tho.

ultimately this may just be left up to the court of public/political opinion. strong circumstantial evidence suggesting collusion. one side buys it. one side denies it. and the 2020 election ultimately decides how the american people weigh in.