Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: she could be a strong candidate
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13315449
13315449, RE: she could be a strong candidate
Posted by bentagain, Fri Feb-22-19 03:43 PM
Right, which is the impression I was left with, hence the reply I posted

"But since you asked, I specifically disagree with the Bulwark's tweet (there aren't enough conservatives actually looking for an alternative to Trump to make any kind of an electoral difference,)"

Maybe not, but the article specifically speaks to those that are anti-Trump
I agree that she appears to have the gravity for those voters

"Morning Joe (the greatest difference in temperament might be Booker or Gillibrand at this point, if anything she sounds more Trumpy the more stuff comes out about how she treats her staff)"

I disagree
Klobuchar has a poise that makes me feel like she won't get down in the mud with Trump
Booker definitely will, and I think that won't play this cycle

"Meghan McCain (you aren't a "bad bitch" because you call up your soon-to-be former employee's next employer to try and get them to rescind the offer or tell your staff it's their fault you're not more well known, you're just a petty asshole.)"

No doubt, some of it fosho come off petty...but...
It feels like this is the gotcha topic on Klobuchar
She's a real bitch to work for...feels sexist in that I'm sure I could find any number of similar stories about male candidates
It's also an interesting contrast to the previous D POTUS candidate and campaign
But, if that's the biggest knock on her...she's a tough boss to work for...I think it works in her favor that there aren't larger blemishes

$.02