Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectnot sure why it had to get personal, but lets go
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13314668
13314668, not sure why it had to get personal, but lets go
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Feb-20-19 12:10 PM
>a few weeks ago.
>
>http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306367&mesg_id=13306367&listing_type=search#13306652
>

Reeq, I got nothing but love for you man, and respect the hell out of how informed you are- but you flip flop like shit on establishment candidates...and take a very different approach with candidates favored by the party that those more on the outside.

The reasons I've hounded you on this specific issue-

1. I think Joe Biden would be just about the worst candidate to run in 2020. In several back and forths with you, you have either ignored my points or simply said "your opinion"...you have refused to engage in an honest or open minded way.

2. The above irks me because I thought we had a better back and forth than that. AND Vex has admitted more faults in Tulsi than you have your big 3 candidates. In your attempt to carry water for the party, you are starting to come off like a hypocrite.

3. You pick and choose when to use polls and precedent. In the link above, you say that Dems never win with an older candidate than the previous president.

When I point out that Dems have never won running a "try-again" like Biden, you shrug it off.

>you could have just asked me instead of confidently assuming
>and being dead wrong (starting to become a pattern with you
>now).

Huh? I did ask you. Are you off him for good now? You have literally gone back and forth on him. The two links you even posted to "get" me show you are back and forth.

>
>and ive already told you how i feel about biden. but its like
>groundhog day again with you any time i bring his name up.
>
>ive mentioned his age plenty of times over the past 2 years.
>even said he would normally be a subpar candidate.
>http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13211439&mesg_id=13211439&listing_type=search#13211534

But you didn't rule him out because of his age. In fact, in this post your literally said that people wont care.

So you just posted a link saying his age doesn't matter. Well, not until Bernie ran.

Can you not see what a hypocrite your being?

You'll attack Tulsi for flip flopping, but not Kamala.

You'll attack Bernie for being old and not moving on, yet it hadn't ruled out Biden for you.

You'll praise Beto for raising money, but I haven't seen any love for Bernie on this topic (I may have missed it).

You'll post a "gotcha" Biden poll, then ignore that Bernie is in second place in those polls.

And, you cherry pick polls. You know you do.

Etc, Etc

Its frustrating because you are starting to lose credibility to me, and up to this point I have deferred to your judgement on most things.

But you deflecting and/or glossing over issues with your preferred candidates is getting old.

>
>my judgment of his candidacy is strictly based on the current
>environment and seeing voter sentiment/feedback to his
>possible candidacy. you know...actually looking at the
>information in front of me from a broad set of sources instead
>of just going off my personal wishes.

? But you don't apply the same "hey I'm just being objective" reasoning when it doesn't suit you.

For instance, Bernie being 2nd in those polls. Or Bernie's overall popularity.

Or your refusal to admit that h
Biden is benefiting from name recognition, etc.

>
>iono whats been going on with you lately but youre turning
>into one of those loud and wrong posters that hounds people
>with a bunch of erroneous/mischaracterized bullshit and wastes
>*everyones* time in the process.

Stop it Reeq. This is bull shit.

I've been hounding you on this because you refuse to engage in an honest way.

And wasting time? You'll write essays waxing poetic about AOC and her faults, you'll post every Tulsi slam you can find, search the net for polls that support your theories...but don't have time to sincerely discuss Biden's issues, and your own flip flopping on the topic?

Who else's time have I wasted?

Not to mention, its okayplayer...this is all a time waste.

>
>seriously are you ok?

I'm fine. I'm just getting frustrated seeing people return to old 16 habits...like you trying to convince everyone the only way to beat Trump is to sprint to the middle again.