Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBernie raised more money in a day than any candidate in history
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13314377&mesg_id=13314564
13314564, Bernie raised more money in a day than any candidate in history
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Feb-20-19 01:36 AM
He's not my top candidate this time out (though he's right at the top for me) - but there's no denying the momentum he's carrying. He has really won the long-game since 2016, has galvanized a freshman class of progressive, generational-shifting rising stars in Congress who were inspired by his 2016 campaign, and has the wisdom of learning from mistakes that were made in his past campaign.

He has shifted the discussion with his influence - and now virtually every candidate (except Amy) is parroting his talking points. Not too long ago - these same politicians were referring to him as too radical and out of the mainstream - and now MFA and the Green New Deal is becoming mainstream.

Bernard Sanders is the most influential politician on the left - and he's also the most popular with meteoric favorability ratings (highest of any Senator).

I'm encouraged. Many friends of mine who were staunchly opposed to him in 2016 have actually admitted that they wrong about 2016 & Hillary's electability - and have since warmed up to the idea of a Sanders presidency, but that's likely more a product of the undeniable wind in his sails that simply can't be dismissed anymore.

There are a number of strong candidates - and it's going to be a hell of a primary. Let's just hope the DNC gets out of the way and lets them fight on an even playing field. As the old boxing adage rings true: a good ref (or neutral adjudicating/administrative body) is one that you don't even notice is there.
-->