Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTurned 25 about 2 months after Sept.11, 2001. Was still shook, don't
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13311679&mesg_id=13311717
13311717, Turned 25 about 2 months after Sept.11, 2001. Was still shook, don't
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Feb-05-19 08:44 AM
remember doing anything spectacular at all though.

Never been a big birthday celebrating person though...didn't do anything major for any of the "milestones"...

I can say that I have spent every milestone from 21 and on with my then girlfriend and now wife though...so that's cool.

We went to Jack Astor's (it was the 90's and was a hot spot in Greensboro at the time lol) to celebrate our 21st together (she's a day older than me). That was like junior or sophomore year of college I think, and I was broke as shit. I drank a whisky sour and she had one too. We shared some boneless hot wings and fries and got dessert. We had only recently started dating but I think I knew she was a keeper even then. She was low key like me, and we were both doing exactly what we wanted to do on our 21st b-day.

Since our birthdays always land on or around Thanksgiving, i've never been in a position to really wild out for them either....