Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectany facts behind the survey?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13310490&mesg_id=13310736
13310736, any facts behind the survey?
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Jan-31-19 12:04 PM
Who responded to the survey, how were the questions worded, etc?

Also, when was it done? I could see recent buzz about M4A and free college skew these results if it was done recently.

I think it needs to be more precise than "run a moderate" in my opinion.

Dems win when they have an engaging candidate with a message. The best play for the Presidency and the party in general is continue to make the difference between the two parties VERY clear- which even I (lol) think they have been doing a pretty good job at lately.

I do think it would be a huge mistake to just run against Trump and essentially say "lets go back to the Obama days" because, even though the Obama days were so much better, that isn't a winning message. Especially in the rust belt.

Campaign finance reform, expansion of voting rights/access/convenience, progress on healthcare costs, addressing climate change, expanding social security, etc.

In other words, go progressive on specific issues. But maybe not to the point of "insurance industry? nah, fuck all that" lol...something more well thought out.