Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectfair point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13309602&mesg_id=13309997
13309997, fair point
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Jan-28-19 04:45 PM
The Clintons were far worse towards Obama than Bern ever was to her. Thats indisputable, but I think once he got the nom, she fell in line harder, even though it was out of self interest. If you peep her convention speech for Obama she crushed it. Bern's was on some bare minimum. Bernie campaigned for her some. He didn't trash her, but you could always feel him gritting his teeth, you could tell he wasn't into it.

I think the distinction in 08 is that aside from maybe those PUMA hags, you ou got a sense that the two camps had reconciled and were all about getting Obama the W (especially once Palin hit the scene). In '16 the resentment carried on through. Maybe part of it was everyone knew Trump would lose. Maybe it's as hard as Bernie felt he could ride for her without feeling phony. Whatever it is the fracture btween factions still hasn't healed, and I think his presence in this race is giving people pause that here we go again.

Id also say that for all the people who don't want Bernie in this race, NO one wants Hillary getting any ideas.