Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyou bring up some really good points.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13309602&mesg_id=13309715
13309715, you bring up some really good points.
Posted by Reeq, Sat Jan-26-19 11:19 PM
im operating under the assumption that almost all of 2016 bernie voters are hardcore stans...when im a personal testament to that not being entirely true. thanks for pointing that out to me and making it blatantly obvious. im kinda sitting here dumbfounded that i had the blinders on to a possibility that included my own behavior lol. im legit questioning why im still using that assumption.

in all of the volunteering i do/did...the progressive activism...i can honestly say bernie super fans were prolly a minority of bernie voters ive met. most were somewhere between leaning/possibly/meh/never again shit with him (even vex said bernie isnt his 1st choice lol).

im also assuming almost all of bernie voters were anti-establishment in general when...like you said...they could have just been anti-clinton.

a good preview will be the next dailykos straw poll that comes out now that he has announced. if he hasnt taken a sizeable leap to the top...then we can kinda see where the winds are blowing.

and you are right...comparing trump and sanders in any way is a reach on my part. trump overwhelmingly had the support of his base (to the point where he ran against fox news and their favorite candidates and won). bernie ran against a damaged and unpopular establishment candidate in a year colored with a lot of 'change' sentiment...and the base voted against him by a healthy margin.

it feels like he has actually lost some support too. black people and white women hate him lol. the candidates he and his organization endorsed largely got pulverized in primaries. even dem state organizers/voters in lily white iowa wanna look elsewhere (i think i posted that article on here recently).

add to that...dems never elect old presidents. they always go younger than the gop predecessor. of course that could mean that bernie wins the nom and gets beat in the general (like kerry who was older than bush). but if dems win the prez...its almost certainly gonna be with someone younger than bernie.

i have no idea why im ignoring all of this lol.