Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"The problem is...the MSM makes eating a dog shit sandwich look bad"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13308731
13308731, "The problem is...the MSM makes eating a dog shit sandwich look bad"
Posted by double negative, Wed Jan-23-19 10:47 AM
no where else to say this

but uh...

I'm tired of Trump folks/conservatives taking on this weird and fucked up game where they believe and state more people would be conservatives if...

-people would just stop dividing the country and leave identity politics alone!

-the MSM and liberal media would stop casting conservatives in a bad light (we care, really we do!)

-colleges...I mean, liberal brainwashing centers would drop the liberal agenda

-minorities would stop looking for a handout and start working harder (beeteedubs, racism is a liberal lie and lets be honest, its the liberals who are the real racists here. DEMOCRATIC PLANTATION YA'LL AMIRITE?)

-If conservatives in hollywood werent persecuted for being conservative in godless liberal hollywood.

-etc, etc, etc

All of it feels like someone trying to convince another person to just try eating a dog shit sandwich and listing every other reason other than the sandwich containing dog shit as the reason for not wanting to eat the meal. "See thats the problem, you like wheat bread and this here sandwich uses a sourdough, you should start liking sourdough bread"

It's like they dont even realize the entire premise is garbage to begin with.

Nowhere are there ever moments of reflection.

https://i.imgur.com/tJ8smuY.jpg

But you know, if your mental framework does not allow for injustice, inequality and nuance then I guess it makes sense that its impossible to realize the message and platform that drew you in is like an instant no-go for other people who don't fit the mold.

13308740, They *do* realize it, that's the thing. They just don't give a shit.
Posted by Brew, Wed Jan-23-19 11:14 AM
Because they are terrible, irredeemable people.

>It's like they dont even realize the entire premise is garbage
>to begin with.
13308771, This^^^
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Jan-23-19 12:01 PM
13308741, The conservative movement is built on bad faith appeals
Posted by Marauder21, Wed Jan-23-19 11:14 AM
Like how many conservatives want to be in the arts? Not "would you like to spread a conservative message through Hollywood using an influential platform," but actually write screenplays or comedy sketches or songs (90% of which won't be political anyway?)

Ask every MAGA hatted chud how they'd react if one of their friends/relatives said they weren't going to business school because they wanted to move to NYC or LA and try to make it as an actor, you think they'd be supportive? Why is financial support for the arts usually one of the first things to get slashed whenever the GOP takes over somewhere?

Why aren't they upset over the lack of "ideological diversity" on Wall Street? Or law enforcement?

The answer is (99% of the time) that they're full of shit and should be treated as such.
13308835, exactly.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Jan-23-19 01:59 PM
13308769, ummm....what does MSM stand for?? i'm out the loop I think lol.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Jan-23-19 12:00 PM
13308779, Main Steam Media. Aka CNN, ABC, FOX, etc
Posted by double negative, Wed Jan-23-19 12:06 PM
its an oldie that really started to pick up steam during GW's presidency

nuts (conservative mostly) seem to equate MSM with chemtrails/"Soylent Green is made out of people!"/fake news, etc
13308915, "MSM" is reserved for non-conservative media outlets
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Jan-23-19 04:52 PM
Doesn't matter that Fox is basically mainstream because of it's popularity... no, the manipulation of the truth only happens at large, non-conservative media outlets, not the most popular news channel in America.
13308903, The LAME-stream media! ---a certain former Alaskan
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Jan-23-19 04:19 PM
13308904, It trips me out how Fox News pundits be like "THE MEDIA..."
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Jan-23-19 04:28 PM
Muhfucker you ARE the goddamn media!
13308907, Fox is on drugs.
Posted by double negative, Wed Jan-23-19 04:36 PM
all of what you just said PLUS Shep Smith who will outright contradict them