Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectso
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13307084&mesg_id=13311647
13311647, so
Posted by mista k5, Mon Feb-04-19 05:09 PM
i can finally say i have seen de la soul

i was worried about two things for this show, the cold and the "hike" to get in. i over prepared for the cold and didnt think the hike could be too bad.

the hike is real. i had to take 3 breaks to get up there. im definitely out of shape lol i underestimated how hard this would be.

the cold was not as bad. it was a bit "warmer" than i was expecting when the show started. it definitely got colder as the night went on but i was prepared. i was sure i wouldnt be able to enjoy the show as much because i would be cold but it wasnt a factor.

as far as the actual show.....i am disappointed

that de la soul had to stop performing.

i enjoyed every second of de la soul but was seriously bummed out when they walked off stage. i was convinced they were going to come running back out. no way that was it. they really did do a good mix of big songs and songs that are just great. there were sooooooo many songs that i wish they did but obviously there is only so much time. i felt like if they just did two more songs i would have been happy. i definitely want to see them again, hopefully with them being the headliners.

atmosphere has a really good show. they definitely have been refining their show. i was pleasantly surprised by how many older songs they did. they seem to have performed every one of my favorite songs of theirs and that was only half their set (they did like 4 or 5 songs in the encore). it took me a while to warm up to their set because i was still salty the de la soul was over then two couples decided to stand in front of us in our row. once they started doing the older songs though i got back into it.

living legends also had a really good set but i am really not that familiar with their music. i think i need to check out more of it.

watsky was okay. not sure what people like so much.

dem atlas was good, i need to check out his music.

the lioness was okay.

all in all i would do it again but maybe fly instead of driving up there lol