Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectinteresting
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306902&mesg_id=13308651
13308651, interesting
Posted by mista k5, Tue Jan-22-19 05:05 PM
>>they purposely make it more difficult to do things on
>screen
>>so that you are more inclined/forced to use voice???
>
>this is especially true for Google Play Music (if you use the
>app).

i do use google play music and really like it for how i use it.

i did try to find some settings for it through android auto while parked last night. i was trying to see if i could get it to sound better so i wanted to see if EQ was on. im a bit confused on how this is handled with android auto. does it disregard the EQ you had set in the car unit? does it use the settings that you use for headphones?? i did see that selecting music was limited. i had to unlock my phone to get to EQ. the sound quality is okay in the car and android auto is definitely better than bluetooth but it doesnt bump. i have seen some mixed reviews for the car sound quality so i wanted to see if i could get it to sound great before i upgrade the speakers. its the only thing keeping me from loving this car now.

>
>https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/android-auto/_64MGNmpIM4/v0l-PkqfBQAJ
>
>what's worse is that Google is trying to move people on to
>YouTube Music, which doesn't even work in Android Auto.
>Google's a mess on this whole thing.

im so opposed to even trying youtube music. google definitely has a problem with making multiple apps that overlap in function then they suddenly drop one.

>
>
>>i dont switch around playlists much. i usually will listen
>to
>>the same playlist on shuffle for days. there are times when
>>the playlist will stop because i finished all the songs so
>>getting it to restart or switch was awkward in my old car.
>not
>>sure what will happen with android auto. maybe i need to ask
>>it to play a different playlist while im driving to test it
>>out.
>
>That could be handled in the source app, if it has a "repeat
>all" function. I use this often but have to set it in the app
>before connecting to Android Auto, since that option isn't
>available in that interface.

i prefer to have it stop i just need a play button that while start the shuffle over again. i want to know when i have finished listening to a playlist. i think in my old car it would only play the last song over and over again. havent tested this yet.

>
>>ideally i would want it to play music over bluetooth when i
>>turn it on, switch to android auto once connected then
>switch
>>back to bluetooth when i unplug my phone but stay in the car
>>putting the sunshade on, gathering my things etc.
>
>my car actually does that (Volvo V90). it'll connect to
>Bluetooth before it goes into AA, and will auto play. I think
>it's a setting though.

i have to see if i can adjust this. what i have found is that it will play bluetooth but once it detects the connection it will switch to fm and wait for me to click on android auto, then i have to click on play music.