Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAnd: that was some pot calling the kettle black ass shit to say.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306820&mesg_id=13307275
13307275, And: that was some pot calling the kettle black ass shit to say.
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Jan-16-19 02:15 PM
Given what your sig is screaming.
Now point out where I said I "didn't want any blame on the kids."
I'll wait.
He said "most kids these fearless and have no respect for adults"
That is a lie. Plain and simple. It's very much in-line with Hilary's super-predator comments. It's very much in-line with the on-going pattern of adults thinking/saying that the kids are out of control which that goes back generations. And it is bullshit. The kids have different things at their disposal and their environments are somewhat different, but they are ultimately not very different than the generation which preceded them. Which is not much different than that which preceded them. People conveniently like to forget what the adults said about their generation when they were adolescents -- it's the exact same shit.
People are also incredibly easily swayed by the things "tough-on-crime (often racist) politicians say, easily swayed by how much we are bombarded with videos and social media posts that show the worst in society, so much so that they ignore the fucking facts which show that violence and crime have decreased dramatically from the 80s and 90s, and that that crime and violence was in response to the social/economic conditions of the time.
Is what those kids did wrong? Yeah. But they're fucking kids. The hallmarks of being kids are things like recklessness and naiveté. He's a fucking grown ass man. We hold them to different standards. Grown ass men do not get to punch 12 year old girls like that.