Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Or some may just not care too much about foreign policy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306367&mesg_id=13323642
13323642, RE: Or some may just not care too much about foreign policy
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Apr-01-19 01:09 PM

>I actually have no beef with what you said here- in fact I
>agree your overall sentiment for the most part.
>
>But it isn't what SHE said. I think sometimes you meet her
>*at least* half way on some of this stuff because you like her
>so much.
>
>Which, again- cool. But don't expect everyone to do that- or
>at least please don't call us all lazy, etc.

I'm definitely not calling *you* lazy -- I'm referring to the general complaints I hear/read about her on social media (many still think she's anti-LGBT and against gay marriage, for example). That's just lazy to not even try and flesh out her actual policy/legislative record.

>I mean, it is reckless *at best* for her to pretend she knows
>whats in the report, allude to the investigation being
>partisan, etc.
>
>But then the Civil War shit? Cmon man. That is loony and
>Trump-style fear mongering. TF was she thinking?

Well - I do think the energy behind the investigation is hyper partisan - as everything is - but I also don't think it's fair to say that she knew what was in the report or was telling people not to care about what's in the report. She clearly stated that we should see the full report - but that we should accept Mueller's conclusion (something Schiff said as well). I don't think the Mueller Report was ever the right strategy to get at Trump - and now it sadly strengthens his position because all of his lazy supporters will falsely think he's exonerated.

The "civil war" statement? I don't know - we use that term casually in today's politics. People talk about the "civil war" in the democratic party - not literally referring to an actual civil war but using it as a metaphor.

I think it's fair to ask her to clarify on what she means by that - but I also do think it's fair to note that our country is fragile in its psyche and stability right there - and it's not crazy to think that a civil war could break out. Trump is out here talking about "i got all the tough guys - the military - the police - the people with guns on my side" -- Trump being indicted/arrested could feasibly ignite this lunatic contingent within our country to take up arms. So again, I don't see how that statement alone is causing so much angst.

>Okay, cool. Her saying "chill you partisan libs, had Trump
>been indicted we could have had a civil war" is a genuine
>concern for some of us.
>
>
>But we know where each other stands on Tusli and I don't think
>for one second I'm going to change your mind. Just think
>you're too quick to dismiss people who have issues with her as
>uninformed.

Fair enough. I don't mean to dismiss her criticism, en masse. Some of the criticism is very fair and warranted. She's definitely not perfect and I don't agree with her on everything. But when I see Kamala/Warren/Beto/Biden etc. getting passes on far more egregious statements/policies - it does start to get tiresome and annoying.

-->