Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI'm with her (c)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13306367&mesg_id=13312180
13312180, I'm with her (c)
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Feb-06-19 03:14 PM
lol ok cheap shot, but in seriousness she is consistent in that she changes based on certain moral conflicts. I appreciate that most about her as a candidate (though for the record, she doesn't automatically have my vote. She is an important voice).

Raised anti-LGBTQ - reinforced it in her views. Had a change of view then also changed her policy to support it.

Lifelong Democrat (even while holding those previous views) - saw a division and unfairness in 2016. Stepped down from the DNC after previously being put on a national stage to heighten profile within the party - chose to stand down anyway and support Sanders which was TOTALLY unpopular.

Served in military - EXPERIENCED WAR AND ITS CASUALTIES - is now hesitant on foreign policy interventionism.

Most of this I would exhibit as positive attributes. When Obama ran in 2008 and said he would TALK to enemies, not negotiate, before heading into war, he was heralded for it. Now we are saying she is an ally for having a conversation? If you want politicians to be consistent then keep the same energy for ourselves.

You don't have to "like" her, but she, among others, will be a contribution to the primary discussions that help formulate our platform going forward.