Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI like Warren and support a diverse and contested primary
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13305789&mesg_id=13306441
13306441, I like Warren and support a diverse and contested primary
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jan-13-19 12:34 PM
I would have no problem supporting Warren against Trump in a general (obviously) - but I don't think Warren is as viable in a general election.

Tulsi has legitimate post-partisan instincts, and has proven to be able to engage in productive dialogue with those who opposite to her ideologically. She has proven to take unpopular stances that are nonetheless principled and upright - and will defy conventional political norms if necessary. I am impressed with the strength of her conviction (and happen to agree with her on virtually every issue).

I don't think Warren and other standard D Democrats can excite a diverse electorate that is increasingly independent and fatigued at the same old partisan bickering. Some talk the talk on being able to operate in a post-partisan environment - but she has actually done it.

If you look at who she appeals to - it's all over the political spectrum. That's what you want in a general presidential election.

>Because she seems awful man. Awful on everything from Syria to
>her rhetoric on Muslims

Can you be specific? What is awful about her position on Syria? What are you referring to when you say her "rhetoric on Muslims"?

-->