Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIn defense of the celebrities...maybe they were busy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13304530&mesg_id=13304584
13304584, In defense of the celebrities...maybe they were busy.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Jan-04-19 06:51 AM
Not really a satisfying answer but a practical honest answer.

If Joe Fly a Kite Documentary asks Jay-Z to participate in his documentary on the recent massacre in the Sudanand he turns it down, doesn't mean he is complicit with the massacre.

Even if it is a worthy cause, a celebrity has to be cautious about what projects they lend their name to and support. I can see how folks would be hesitant to lend their name to a lifeime channel documentary.

I mean as a regular ass person I get hit up to give to charities and attend charity events all the time and I turn down stuff all the time not because I don't give a damn but don't have the time or the money to give to all the worthy causes.

Yeah frequent collaborators with Kelly should speak out now the documentary has created the conversation but I can't see shaming celebrities for not participating in a lifetime documentary just because they were asked to.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"