Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMeh. Like 6-7 out of ten. Get out was written by his blakk side
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13303641&mesg_id=13321795
13321795, Meh. Like 6-7 out of ten. Get out was written by his blakk side
Posted by Riot, Sat Mar-23-19 07:25 AM
And this was from his white side.
Sike but There was literally 1 lone non circlejerk review from the sxsw screening that was like - "yea This is ok, not mind blowing." That helped me lower my expectations or else ida been real disappointed

Luniz horror remix is the best part

Even Directorially, Peele could have changed some things around (ex- interlacing the reveal and the grand finale scenes woulda prolly got a bigger reaction... as-is the reveal is just like 'oh wow ok I can see that happening"). & not sure how hard it was shooting wit body doubles and syncing doubletakes, but none of the actual doppelganger fights really sold it. Pacing could have also been better bc i felt he may have had more to say in the final 15-30min that would have helped the overall theme. Or at least show how lupita#2 coordinated her army. The way the last 30min explanation is told, & kinda left open, it's just a long twilight zone episode. ((I'm sure there are nuff "reds = GOP/trump takeover" hot takes brewing right now tho))

Leaving the theater I was like 'eh', but I will admit during the walk home some dude turned the corner on me wearing a red jacket, & my first reaction was like- Oh hell naw and started to run up and dropkick him lol. U not pulling no scissors on me, ock!

Anyway, shout out to okp going full okp for 3 months in the top half of this thread. drugs in the community apparently is something we do need to talk abt cuz somma y'all seem to still be on them