Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere’s a ton wrong here but it can only change if the city is able to attract...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13303060&mesg_id=13303235
13303235, There’s a ton wrong here but it can only change if the city is able to attract...
Posted by Creole, Thu Dec-20-18 06:55 PM
a more educated and/or skilled workforce that would help to increase tax revenue. Ultimately, said increase would eventually help to revitalize the city. That’s why all of these incentives exist. The average household income here is like $30k per year. With qualified people that can take on the higher paying jobs and that will live in the city rather than commuting, Baltimore can grow/change through an increase in that revenue. This is what I believe the city is up to and is at the basis of what’s been happening here.

Sadly, it’s become apparent to me that there is a large swath of people who aren’t cared about at all. The care is feigned but ain’t all the way serious. The recently re-elected Governor wants them gone. The current Mayor don’t really give a damn because she’s in business with the Governor who’s a real estate developer.

I know a ton of educated and/or career-oriented people here. Most of the Black ones live outside of the city. And the White ones ain’t moving back into the city as fast as some would have hoped. So, yeah! These recruiting efforts are geared towards keeping those younger college educated folks here instead of them leaving after they finish at Hopkins, Loyola, UMBC, Towson, and Goucher. I don’t think they care about the grads from Morgan and Coppin. Hmmmm! I wonder why that is.