Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLooking over this thread.... they are probably "losers'' now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13298692&mesg_id=13429197
13429197, Looking over this thread.... they are probably "losers'' now
Posted by handle, Tue Apr-06-21 09:18 AM
Two facts are that he is long long time friend and he has some mental problems that aren't caused by moral failings or a character defect but are biologically determined.

*But yeah even with all that he might ALSO just be a loser.*

My other friend (dude who I let stay here for months) certainly turned out to be a loser. He wasn't in the 90's and the 00's. But in the '10s ad '20s he certainly went that route.

Let's hope for their sakes they get "second acts." I can't help with that at all - that's outside of my power.

There's something in me that wants to help them solve their problems - and clearly they aren't willing to have that happen :(

I think what I'm worried about is is that I could turn into a loser too - and a lot could be circumstance.

I mean if I lost my job or I was sued for some reason (car accident???) I could eat through all my savings pretty quickly and there's NOTHING in American to help me. I could be on the streets if things went bad.

In 2007-2008 when I had trouble getting a job my mother helped me through it until I did find a job, but I was also willing/capable to take the help.

And in 1995 when I was in trouble I took a loan of about $800 from a friend that really saved my bacon. (I paid him back a little at a time - but I paid him as soon as I could and kept the line of communication open the entire time.)

From 1988-1995 I was DEFINTELY a loser.

But people have to be willing to take help and even then it's not my responsibility to save them.

Maybe this is some sort of modified "Captain Save a Hoe" scenario??